About fee of judicial scrivener (shihoushoshi=司法書士) in Japan

When you purchase real estate in Japan, seller and purchaser need to appoint judicial scrivener (=shiho-shoshi=shihoushoshi lawyer). Most of cases, you will buy real estate through realtor in Japan. And it will introduce its familiar judicial scrivener to you. However, judicial scrivener’s fee is greatly different from each office. Some bad judicial scrivener charge very high fee ( ex. more than 200,000 yen for filing registration of ownership transfer and establishment of mortgage ) and the scrivener pays a part of money to realtor (Kick back).
So, I recommend you that you should request quotation (Mitsumori=見積り) from another judicial scrivener office.

error: Content is protected !!